Cholesterol Health Foods
Strive for a Higher HDL to Lower LDL
Some of the best cholesterol health foods are found in the fiber in grains. If you raise the ratio of HDL (high-density lipoprotein) good cholesterol from the bad LDL (low-density lipoprotein) bad cholesterol you can keep heart disease and some cancers at bay. Foods like bulgur are high in fiber. Also being a whole grain.
One of the best ways to fight bad cholesterol LDL is raise the HDL. One of the outstanding benefits is the insoluble fiber content. This type of fiber does not break down in body. Instead it stays in the colon soaking up large amounts of water. This makes the wastes heavier and thus propels it through the colon at a faster rate. Potentially harmful substances are ushered right out of the body.
Cholesterol health foods like bulgur help keep the bad LDL cholesterol mopped up and dispose of quickly. Bulgur is wheat in whole form high in fiber with iron, phosphorus and zinc. Just one cooked cup of bulgur wheat is 8 grams of fiber with manganese, selenium and magnesium, not bad for a grain. Not only does this cholesterol healthy foods-grain lower, bad cholesterol LDL it relieves constipation, helps prevent colon cancer and reduce diabetes and heart disease.
Bulgur wheat protects against cancer especially in the colon, because it produces lignans. Lignans act like a Dyson vacuum cleaner to suck up all dangerous oxygen molecules (free radicals), before they damage healthy cells. Diets high in fiber keep the colon healthy by removing wastes and harmful substances.
Choose Your Grind
Picking the right grind. There is fine grind which is what I use, for Tabbouli, yummy! There is medium grind used for cereals. And last but not least coarse grind close to white rice used in pilafs (rice recipes). Bulgur wheat is cooked easily. Cook 2 cups of boiling water for every 1 cup of bulgur. Cover and let stand for about 20-25 minutes until all water evaporates and the grain is tender.
- Cholesterol health foods are as easy as getting more grains in your diet
- Eating the grain bulgur wheat can help lower bad LDL and raise HDL
- Great cholesterol health foods are made simple with bulgur wheat, made in Tabbouli
- Being low in the glycemic food, bulgur wheat releases sugar slowly into the blood stream stabilizing blood sugar to prevent spikes
- Bulgur wheat produces lignans which help kill off the bad guy’s free radicals
- Exercise, 30 minutes to 1 hour of vigorous movement
- By eating foods high in fiber and exercising vigorously daily, this will greatly reduce the bad cholesterol LDL
- Raising HDL cholesterol is one of the best ways to keep bad cholesterol at bay
Yes, I said, Exercise and Love it!
While I cannot say enough about the benefits of vigorous exercise daily or at least 5 times a week. Exercising is an excellent choice to raise the HDL (good cholesterol). Exercise and do it with vigor. Exercising can certainly be a challenge for most people today. If you put on the list of, I want to do, it won’t be so difficult. Exercise is a great stress reducer as well as a great cholesterol reducer. Embrace it and love it, exercise is your friend!
Go From Cholesterol Health Foods to Health Food Trends Page
Return From Cholesterol Health Foods to Home Page